Press Releases From Around Humboldt County
Posts Tagged With: missing person
February 22nd, 2010 at 1:51 pm » Comments (0)Humboldt County Sheriff’s Detectives booked two men for murder over the weekend in connection with a case that was originally reported as a missing person. On February 15, 2009 ...more »
May 8th, 2009 at 9:16 am » Comments (0)Humboldt County Sheriff's Office - Press Release Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office is looking for a Garberville man who has been missing after unexpectedly dropping off his child at his ex-girlfriend’s house ...more »
March 11th, 2009 at 5:08 pm » Comments (0)Subject: Missing Person Case: 200901632 The Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a missing person early this morning after two men said a shipmate had fallen overboard while ...more »
- Wind Advisory issued October 24 at 2:34PM PDT until October 25 at 5:00PM PDT by NWS...STRONG GUSTY WINDS FRIDAY NIGHT INTO SATURDAY... .A POTENT PACIFIC STORM WILL BRING VERY STRONG WINDS TO NW CALIFORNIA TONIGHT INTO SATURDAY MORNING AHEAD OF A COLD FRONT. PEAK WINDS WILL OCCUR OVER THE COASTAL MOUNTAINS WITH ISOLATED GUSTS POTENTIALLY REACHING AS HIGH AS 65 MPH. WINDS WILL TAPER QUICKLY LATE SATURDAY MORNING INTO THE AFTERNOON AS THE COL
- Wind Advisory issued October 24 at 2:34PM PDT until October 25 at 5:00PM PDT by NWS
- King Fire affects hydroelectric facilities, recreation areas October 8, 2014The King Fire has damaged a number of power generation systems connected to Sierra reservoirs, but utility officials still don't know how bad it is. Treasured public recreation areas at Stumpy Meadows Reservoir and the Rubicon River canyon also may have been affected. Cal Fire strike crews battle the King fire in El Dorado County near Fresh Pond on Wedn
- Suspect arraigned in King fire; at least four houses burn October 8, 2014As fire officials began to confirm the first loss of homes and structures Friday in the King fire, the man accused of setting the massive blaze appeared in court for the first time and entered a not-guilty plea. Wayne Allen Huntsman, the suspect in the arson that set off the King fire, is arraigned in El Dorado Superior Court in Placerville on Friday alongsi
- Man accused of arson in King fire has criminal history October 8, 2014Weary firefighters and relieved El Dorado County residents expressed elation Thursday at word that an arson suspect had been arrested and charged with starting the massive King fire, which has charred roughly 76,000 acres of forest in El Dorado and Placer counties since Saturday and threatens 12,000 homes. The setting sun appears orange Thursday through the
- Firefighters dig in for the long haul against El Dorados King fire October 8, 2014A ravenous wildfire in El Dorado County devoured swaths of forested terrain for a fifth day Wednesday, leaving nearly 2,200 residents displaced as fire crews battled to protect homes, lives and a major thoroughfare. Cal Fire strike crews battle the King fire in El Dorado County near Fresh Pond on Wednesday, Sept. 17, 2014. A Cal Fire crew battles the King fi
- King Fire has now claimed more than 27,900 acres of timberland October 8, 2014We are faced with a large and dangerous fire and the fire has grown significantly, said Laurence Crabtree, a U.S. Forest Service supervisor for the Eldorado National Forest. Cal Fire strike crews battle the King fire in El Dorado County near Fresh Pond on Wednesday, September 17, 2014. People in a Pollock Pines gas station parking lot watch as a large smok
- Favorable weather aids containment of King fire as smoke cancels Ironman Lake Tahoe October 8, 2014Firefighters battling the massive King fire showed signs of progress Sunday night, while smoke forced the cancellation of a popular Lake Tahoe sporting event and worsened air quality over a large swath of foothills. One of several homes that burned in the recent King fire near Icehouse in El Dorado County on Friday, September 19, 2014. A U.S. Forest Service
- Burglar armed with club confronted in Butte County fire station October 2, 2014The Butte County Sheriff’s Office is investigating an early-morning burglary of a fire station in the community of Palermo.
- Wilderness travel discouraged; King fire concern closes McKinney Rubicon Trail September 18, 2014Because of the uncertain path of the King fire, the U.S. Forest Service’s Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit has closed the McKinney Rubicon Trail and is advising against travel into the Desolation and Granite Chief wildernesses.
- Swansboro residents told to evacuate as King fire spreads September 17, 2014Late Tuesday, the California Highway Patrol reported the closure of Highway 50 in both directions between Sly Park Road and Riverton due to the fire, and the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office has issued mandatory evacuations for neighborhoods in the eastern portion of Pollock Pines. Firefighters hose down hot spots of the King Fire near Pollack Pines, Calif.
- Man released after questioning in fatal July bank robbery in Stockton September 17, 2014A man sought by police in connection with a fatal July bank robbery in Stockton met with investigators Tuesday and was then released. A security guard sits in front of the Bank of the West branch on Thornton Rd. in Stockton that was robbed Wednesday by three men who took three hostages. Two suspects and a hostage were killed after a shootout with police.
- King Fire affects hydroelectric facilities, recreation areas October 8, 2014
- 3 California sheriffs' deputies, bystander shot October 24, 2014SACRAMENTO, Calif. — An assailant shot three sheriff's deputies in two neighboring Northern California counties on Friday, also shooting and wounding a bystander in an attempt to carjack a vehicle, sheriff's officials said. Deputies were searching a canyon in the Sierra Nevada foothills near Auburn Friday afternoon for an armed ...
- Judge halts New Jersey's sports betting plan October 24, 2014TRENTON, N.J. — A federal judge has granted a request from the four major U.S. professional sports leagues and the NCAA to at least temporarily stop New Jersey from allowing legalized sports betting. U.S. District Judge Michael Shipp issued a temporary restraining order Friday after a request by the NFL, ...
- Remains belong to missing Virginia student Hannah Graham October 24, 2014RICHMOND, Va. — Remains found nearly a week ago in a rural area of Virginia are those of a university student who disappeared last month, authorities said Friday, ending a search that left the campus and community on edge. University of Virginia sophomore Hannah Graham, 18, disappeared Sept. 13 after ...
- 2 dead, including gunman, in Seattle-area high school shooting October 24, 2014MARYSVILLE, Wash. — A student opened fire in a high school cafeteria north of Seattle on Friday, killing at least one person and wounding four other students, officials said. The gunman also died in the attack. Marysville Police Commander Robb Lamoureux said the shooter was a student at Marysville Pilchuck ...
- Air Force transports doctor's Ebola-infected blood sample from N.Y. to CDC in Atlanta October 24, 2014The Air Force has transported an Ebola blood sample from an infected doctor in New York City to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta, Georgia. At the request of the White House, the Air Force dispatched a C-37 business jet to picked up blood samples from Craig ...
- Gloria Steinem rallies women to vote out 'anti-women' GOPers October 24, 2014Gloria Steinem has put out the email call for women to rise up, seize their ballot power -- and scare the heck out of Republicans this November. "The outcome of this election will be determined by one factor," she writes, in an email filtered through the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee. ...
- 'Black Hawk Down' soldier Robert Gallagher dies at 52 October 24, 2014Retired Command Sgt. Maj. Robert Gallagher, the former platoon sergeant who flew into Somalia for the mission that would become known for the "Black Hawk Down" battle, died of a heart condition on Oct. 13. He was 52. The decorated veteran's death was announced on the 3rd Infantry ...
- 911 operator credits ingenious victim for saving self from abuser in fake pizza call October 24, 2014An emergency 911 operator contacted by a domestic abuse victim — who called in her plight by feigning a pizza order — credited the woman for her "clever" bravery at saving the day. "The officer arrives and finds a couple, female was kind of banged up and boyfriend was drunk," ...
- Nina Pham, first nurse to get Ebola in Dallas, now virus-free: NIH October 24, 2014Hailing it as a "very special moment," the director of the National Institutes of Health said Friday the first nurse to contract Ebola while treating a patient in Dallas is cured and will be discharged from their campus in suburban Washington. Nina Pham, 26, smiled as she appeared before the ...
- Mr. Incredible, Batgirl get in shoving match on Hollywood Boulevard October 24, 2014A man dressed as Mr. Incredible took on a woman dressed as Batgirl in the streets of Los Angeles, ultimately shoving her and throwing her to the ground in an apparent — and very public — battle over tourist territory. The two characters engaged in a shoving match on the ...
- 7 injured as car plows into San Francisco Bay area restaurant October 24, 2014Police report that seven individuals were injured after a car plowed into a restaurant at a San Francisco Bay area shopping mall. The driver, a 56-year-old female, was trying to navigate into a parking spot near the Taqueria Los Pericos in Dublin when she mistakenly hit the accelerator pedal instead ...
- Police: Hatchet-wielding suspect shot by officers October 24, 2014NEW YORK — New York City police shot and killed a hatchet-wielding man on Thursday after he suddenly attacked a group of patrol officers without warning in broad daylight on a busy commercial district in Queens. At a news conference at a hospital where one officer was being treated for ...
- 3 California sheriffs' deputies, bystander shot October 24, 2014
- Timeline of Cotton v. Eureka PD and Humboldt Co. September 14, 2011
- Supervisors Weigh In On Humboldt County Redistricting September 14, 2011
- Moratorium on medical pot dispensaries to be discussed September 14, 2011
- Police and fire log: Wednesday, Sept. 14, 2011 September 14, 2011
- Library site approved for courthouse September 14, 2011
- SEIU workers speak out against proposed cuts September 14, 2011
- Autumn bounty September 14, 2011
- FB school closed after reported Bassler sighting September 14, 2011
- Meet Susan Adams, Congressional Candidate September 14, 2011
- DNHS tennis team does well at event in Redding September 14, 2011