Press Releases From Around Humboldt County
Posts Tagged With: missing person
February 22nd, 2010 at 1:51 pm » Comments (0)Humboldt County Sheriff’s Detectives booked two men for murder over the weekend in connection with a case that was originally reported as a missing person. On February 15, 2009 ...more »
May 8th, 2009 at 9:16 am » Comments (0)Humboldt County Sheriff's Office - Press Release Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office is looking for a Garberville man who has been missing after unexpectedly dropping off his child at his ex-girlfriend’s house ...more »
March 11th, 2009 at 5:08 pm » Comments (0)Subject: Missing Person Case: 200901632 The Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a missing person early this morning after two men said a shipmate had fallen overboard while ...more »
- King Fire affects hydroelectric facilities, recreation areas October 8, 2014The King Fire has damaged a number of power generation systems connected to Sierra reservoirs, but utility officials still don't know how bad it is. Treasured public recreation areas at Stumpy Meadows Reservoir and the Rubicon River canyon also may have been affected. Cal Fire strike crews battle the King fire in El Dorado County near Fresh Pond on Wedn
- Suspect arraigned in King fire; at least four houses burn October 8, 2014As fire officials began to confirm the first loss of homes and structures Friday in the King fire, the man accused of setting the massive blaze appeared in court for the first time and entered a not-guilty plea. Wayne Allen Huntsman, the suspect in the arson that set off the King fire, is arraigned in El Dorado Superior Court in Placerville on Friday alongsi
- Man accused of arson in King fire has criminal history October 8, 2014Weary firefighters and relieved El Dorado County residents expressed elation Thursday at word that an arson suspect had been arrested and charged with starting the massive King fire, which has charred roughly 76,000 acres of forest in El Dorado and Placer counties since Saturday and threatens 12,000 homes. The setting sun appears orange Thursday through the
- Firefighters dig in for the long haul against El Dorados King fire October 8, 2014A ravenous wildfire in El Dorado County devoured swaths of forested terrain for a fifth day Wednesday, leaving nearly 2,200 residents displaced as fire crews battled to protect homes, lives and a major thoroughfare. Cal Fire strike crews battle the King fire in El Dorado County near Fresh Pond on Wednesday, Sept. 17, 2014. A Cal Fire crew battles the King fi
- King Fire has now claimed more than 27,900 acres of timberland October 8, 2014We are faced with a large and dangerous fire and the fire has grown significantly, said Laurence Crabtree, a U.S. Forest Service supervisor for the Eldorado National Forest. Cal Fire strike crews battle the King fire in El Dorado County near Fresh Pond on Wednesday, September 17, 2014. People in a Pollock Pines gas station parking lot watch as a large smok
- Favorable weather aids containment of King fire as smoke cancels Ironman Lake Tahoe October 8, 2014Firefighters battling the massive King fire showed signs of progress Sunday night, while smoke forced the cancellation of a popular Lake Tahoe sporting event and worsened air quality over a large swath of foothills. One of several homes that burned in the recent King fire near Icehouse in El Dorado County on Friday, September 19, 2014. A U.S. Forest Service
- Burglar armed with club confronted in Butte County fire station October 2, 2014The Butte County Sheriff’s Office is investigating an early-morning burglary of a fire station in the community of Palermo.
- Wilderness travel discouraged; King fire concern closes McKinney Rubicon Trail September 18, 2014Because of the uncertain path of the King fire, the U.S. Forest Service’s Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit has closed the McKinney Rubicon Trail and is advising against travel into the Desolation and Granite Chief wildernesses.
- Swansboro residents told to evacuate as King fire spreads September 17, 2014Late Tuesday, the California Highway Patrol reported the closure of Highway 50 in both directions between Sly Park Road and Riverton due to the fire, and the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office has issued mandatory evacuations for neighborhoods in the eastern portion of Pollock Pines. Firefighters hose down hot spots of the King Fire near Pollack Pines, Calif.
- Man released after questioning in fatal July bank robbery in Stockton September 17, 2014A man sought by police in connection with a fatal July bank robbery in Stockton met with investigators Tuesday and was then released. A security guard sits in front of the Bank of the West branch on Thornton Rd. in Stockton that was robbed Wednesday by three men who took three hostages. Two suspects and a hostage were killed after a shootout with police.
- King Fire affects hydroelectric facilities, recreation areas October 8, 2014
- Ferguson: Click here to read the grand jury documents and testimony November 27, 2014The Associated Press has obtained a copy of the testimony and evidence presented to the grand jury that declined to indict Ferguson Officer Darren Wilson in the fatal shooting of Michael Brown. Click here to see the grand jury documents.
- Ferguson fallout: Dozens arrested in Calif. unrest November 27, 2014LOS ANGELES (AP) — Police in Oakland and Los Angeles arrested scores of demonstrators during a third night of unrest linked to the shooting protest in Ferguson, Missouri. At least 130 demonstrators who refused to disperse during a Los Angeles protest were arrested Wednesday night, while 35 people were detained ...
- Thanksgiving: Turkey, parades, shopping deals November 27, 2014NEW YORK (AP) — Turkey, stuffing and a helium-filled Thomas the Tank Engine were on the menu as friends and families gathered across the United States to celebrate Thanksgiving. Here's a look at how Americans prepared to celebrate Thanksgiving. ____ GIANTS IN THE SKY The nationally televised Macy's Thanksgiving Day ...
- Ferguson protesters dwindle to small groups November 27, 2014FERGUSON, Mo. (AP) — The throngs of protesters who overran Ferguson after the grand jury decision in the Michael Brown case dwindled to just a few small groups as people began cleaning up this battered community and seeking something closer to a normal routine. Scattered demonstrations continued Wednesday, including protesters ...
- Tamir Rice's family says boy's fatal shooting could have been avoided November 27, 2014CLEVELAND (AP) — The family of a 12-year-old boy fatally wounded by a Cleveland police officer said surveillance video of the shooting shows that if the officer had not acted so quickly the youngster would still be alive. The video made public on Wednesday shows Tamir Rice being shot within ...
- Thanksgiving: Immigrants celebrate U.S., add flair with ethnic traditions November 27, 2014The moment Thanksgiving diners walk in to Indigo on K Street NW, both the American and Indian cultures will be readily apparent. The restaurant's wooden floor, tables and sign advertising alcohol sales make the restaurant resemble a local burger joint more than an Indian restaurant. Writing, mainly in English, covers ...
- Obama calls Mexican president to discuss immigration action November 27, 2014President Obama spoke with Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto Wednesday about Mr. Obama's granting of legal status to millions of illegal immigrants, and the White House said both men pledged to stop more immigrants coming from Central America. "President Obama and President Pena Nieto reaffirmed the commitment of both countries ...
- Business, environmental lobbies break sharply over EPA ozone rule November 27, 2014Braced for months for far-reaching action from the Obama administration, both business and environmental groups were quick to react Wednesday after the Environmental Protection Agency formally announced its plans to set new lower guidelines to cut smog pollution. Leading business lobbies and energy industry groups called the proposal "damaging,"
- Darren Wilson's missing Taser renews debate over requiring nonlethal police tool November 27, 2014Buried in the vast grand jury files about the Ferguson shooting, Officer Darren Wilson acknowledged that on the fateful night he killed Michael Brown, he was not armed with a Taser because he considered the weapon clunky and heavy. It's a revelation certain to renew the debate over whether more ...
- IRS paying millions in bonuses to employees who are tax scofflaws November 27, 2014IRS employees who made "unintentional" mistakes on their taxes are still eligible to get bonuses this fiscal year, the agency confirmed this week. Commissioner John Koskinen announced the bonuses in an email to employees on Monday, saying they were a way to reward long-suffering staffers who have put up with ...
- Missouri holiday travel off to semi-smooth start November 26, 2014KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - A small band of snow along a stretch of eastern Missouri briefly caused headaches for holiday drivers Wednesday, but otherwise it was smooth sailing for motorists on one of the busiest travel days of the year. At least a half-dozen semitrailers slid off ...
- Magpul finalizes departure from Colorado in response to gun-control bills November 26, 2014Officials at Magpul Industries unveiled Wednesday its new facilities in Texas and Wyoming, making good on a vow to leave Colorado in response to the state's sweeping gun control legislation. The firearms-accessories manufacturer announced that the company has finalized a contract on its corporate headquarters in Austin, Texas, after entering ...
- Ferguson: Click here to read the grand jury documents and testimony November 27, 2014
- Timeline of Cotton v. Eureka PD and Humboldt Co. September 14, 2011
- Supervisors Weigh In On Humboldt County Redistricting September 14, 2011
- Moratorium on medical pot dispensaries to be discussed September 14, 2011
- Police and fire log: Wednesday, Sept. 14, 2011 September 14, 2011
- Library site approved for courthouse September 14, 2011
- SEIU workers speak out against proposed cuts September 14, 2011
- Autumn bounty September 14, 2011
- FB school closed after reported Bassler sighting September 14, 2011
- Meet Susan Adams, Congressional Candidate September 14, 2011
- DNHS tennis team does well at event in Redding September 14, 2011