Press Releases From Around Humboldt County
Posts Tagged With: missing person
February 22nd, 2010 at 1:51 pm » Comments (0)Humboldt County Sheriff’s Detectives booked two men for murder over the weekend in connection with a case that was originally reported as a missing person. On February 15, 2009 ...more »
May 8th, 2009 at 9:16 am » Comments (0)Humboldt County Sheriff's Office - Press Release Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office is looking for a Garberville man who has been missing after unexpectedly dropping off his child at his ex-girlfriend’s house ...more »
March 11th, 2009 at 5:08 pm » Comments (0)Subject: Missing Person Case: 200901632 The Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a missing person early this morning after two men said a shipmate had fallen overboard while ...more »
- Coastal Flood Advisory issued December 21 at 7:18AM PST until December 21 at 1:00PM PST by NWS...COASTAL FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM THIS AFTERNOON... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN EUREKA HAS ISSUED A COASTAL FLOOD ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM THIS AFTERNOON. * COASTAL FLOODING...HIGH ASTRONOMICAL TIDES...ALREADY ABOVE NORMAL WATER LEVELS...AND WESTERLY SWELL WILL LEAD TO MINOR FLOODING IN LOW LYING AREAS ALONG THE REDWOOD AND M
- Coastal Flood Advisory issued December 21 at 7:18AM PST until December 21 at 1:00PM PST by NWS
- King Fire affects hydroelectric facilities, recreation areas October 8, 2014The King Fire has damaged a number of power generation systems connected to Sierra reservoirs, but utility officials still don't know how bad it is. Treasured public recreation areas at Stumpy Meadows Reservoir and the Rubicon River canyon also may have been affected. Cal Fire strike crews battle the King fire in El Dorado County near Fresh Pond on Wedn
- Suspect arraigned in King fire; at least four houses burn October 8, 2014As fire officials began to confirm the first loss of homes and structures Friday in the King fire, the man accused of setting the massive blaze appeared in court for the first time and entered a not-guilty plea. Wayne Allen Huntsman, the suspect in the arson that set off the King fire, is arraigned in El Dorado Superior Court in Placerville on Friday alongsi
- Man accused of arson in King fire has criminal history October 8, 2014Weary firefighters and relieved El Dorado County residents expressed elation Thursday at word that an arson suspect had been arrested and charged with starting the massive King fire, which has charred roughly 76,000 acres of forest in El Dorado and Placer counties since Saturday and threatens 12,000 homes. The setting sun appears orange Thursday through the
- Firefighters dig in for the long haul against El Dorados King fire October 8, 2014A ravenous wildfire in El Dorado County devoured swaths of forested terrain for a fifth day Wednesday, leaving nearly 2,200 residents displaced as fire crews battled to protect homes, lives and a major thoroughfare. Cal Fire strike crews battle the King fire in El Dorado County near Fresh Pond on Wednesday, Sept. 17, 2014. A Cal Fire crew battles the King fi
- King Fire has now claimed more than 27,900 acres of timberland October 8, 2014We are faced with a large and dangerous fire and the fire has grown significantly, said Laurence Crabtree, a U.S. Forest Service supervisor for the Eldorado National Forest. Cal Fire strike crews battle the King fire in El Dorado County near Fresh Pond on Wednesday, September 17, 2014. People in a Pollock Pines gas station parking lot watch as a large smok
- Favorable weather aids containment of King fire as smoke cancels Ironman Lake Tahoe October 8, 2014Firefighters battling the massive King fire showed signs of progress Sunday night, while smoke forced the cancellation of a popular Lake Tahoe sporting event and worsened air quality over a large swath of foothills. One of several homes that burned in the recent King fire near Icehouse in El Dorado County on Friday, September 19, 2014. A U.S. Forest Service
- Burglar armed with club confronted in Butte County fire station October 2, 2014The Butte County Sheriff’s Office is investigating an early-morning burglary of a fire station in the community of Palermo.
- Wilderness travel discouraged; King fire concern closes McKinney Rubicon Trail September 18, 2014Because of the uncertain path of the King fire, the U.S. Forest Service’s Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit has closed the McKinney Rubicon Trail and is advising against travel into the Desolation and Granite Chief wildernesses.
- Swansboro residents told to evacuate as King fire spreads September 17, 2014Late Tuesday, the California Highway Patrol reported the closure of Highway 50 in both directions between Sly Park Road and Riverton due to the fire, and the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office has issued mandatory evacuations for neighborhoods in the eastern portion of Pollock Pines. Firefighters hose down hot spots of the King Fire near Pollack Pines, Calif.
- Man released after questioning in fatal July bank robbery in Stockton September 17, 2014A man sought by police in connection with a fatal July bank robbery in Stockton met with investigators Tuesday and was then released. A security guard sits in front of the Bank of the West branch on Thornton Rd. in Stockton that was robbed Wednesday by three men who took three hostages. Two suspects and a hostage were killed after a shootout with police.
- King Fire affects hydroelectric facilities, recreation areas October 8, 2014
- Rail upgrade could boost jobs but sparks fears December 21, 2014INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - A proposal to upgrade more than 100 miles of train tracks between Indianapolis and Kentucky could lead to more jobs, but some fear the increased number of trains could lead to bigger delays and even threaten public safety. The proposal from Louisville & Indiana Railroad ...
- Obama, Holder condemn "senseless" murders of New York police officers December 21, 2014President Obama said Sunday that he condemns "unconditionally" the murder of two New York City police officers by a gunman who may have been angered over the deaths of black men in confrontations with police in Missouri and New York. "Two brave men won't be going home to their loved ...
- Rahm Emanuel's teen son robbed near home: source December 20, 2014The son of Chicago mayor Rahm Emanuel was beaten and robbed on Friday night across the street from his family's home, and was left with a chipped tooth and a fat lip. The incident occurred around 10 p.m. when Zach Emanuel stepped outside to make a phone call and was ...
- 2 New York police officers killed in patrol car ambush December 20, 2014NEW YORK (AP) — An armed man walked up to two New York Police Department officers sitting inside a patrol car and opened fire Saturday afternoon, shooting both of them fatally before running into a nearby subway station and committing suicide, police said. The shooting took place in Brooklyn's Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood. Both officers were rushed t
- Marco Rubio strikes back: Rand Paul adopting Obama's foreign policy December 20, 2014Sen. Marco Rubio took another swipe at Sen. Rand Paul in the senators' continuing feud over President Obama's plans for ending the embargo with Cuba, accusing Mr. Paul of adhering to the president's foreign policy. "He just basically repeated the talking points of the president," the Florida Republican said in ...
- E-Z Pass watches, records speeders, issues warning before suspending accounts December 20, 2014Drivers should watch their speed in E-Z Pass toll lanes. Several states including New York, Maryland and Pennsylvania monitor speeds and will suspend E-Z Passes after multiple speeding violations. Five of the 15 E-Z Pass states have rules for enforcing speed limits in fast pass toll lanes. "You can lose ...
- Obama charged with throwing Sony under bus, failing to lead on terrorist threat December 20, 2014President Obama was quick to second-guess Sony Pictures Entertainment for its handling of the North Korean terrorist threat, which has critics asking why a movie studio has been left to conduct foreign policy instead of the White House. "This is not something Hollywood is equipped to handle, which is, 'How ...
- 'I can breathe - thanks to the NYPD' shirts flood pro-police NYC rally December 20, 2014Supporters of the New York Police Department marched in the streets Friday night wearing black hoodies with the phrase "I can breathe, thanks to the NYPD." The rally came as protesting continues over the police killings of Eric Garner and Michael Brown. Mr. Garner's supporters have used his last statement, ...
- Supreme Court won't stop gay marriages in Florida December 20, 2014MIAMI — The U.S. Supreme Court on Friday refused to block gay marriages in Florida, the latest of about three dozen states allowing same-sex weddings. In a one-paragraph order, the court decided not to step into the Florida case. A federal judge previously declared Florida's ban on gay marriage unconstitutional ...
- Obama signs defense bill that keeps Guantanamo Bay open December 19, 2014President Obama signed the annual defense policy bill into law Friday, but once again protested the provision that prevents him from closing the prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, where suspected terrorist detainees are held. He hinted, however, that he may claim constitutional powers to transfer some of the detainees even ...
- Bowe Bergdahl investigation ends; Chuck Hagel and top leaders briefed December 19, 2014WASHINGTON — The Army has finished its investigation into how and why Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl disappeared from his base in Afghanistan and senior Pentagon leaders have been briefed, including Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel, officials said Friday. Details about the probe's conclusion have been closely held. But they are likely ...
- Obama: Most black people don't use racism as an excuse December 19, 2014Editor's note: An earlier version of this story, which was based on a Federal news service transcript, said President Obama referred to "the overall majority of good black people" not using racism as an excuse. Mr. Obama actually said, "the overall majority of black people" do not use racism as ...
- Rail upgrade could boost jobs but sparks fears December 21, 2014
- Timeline of Cotton v. Eureka PD and Humboldt Co. September 14, 2011
- Supervisors Weigh In On Humboldt County Redistricting September 14, 2011
- Moratorium on medical pot dispensaries to be discussed September 14, 2011
- Police and fire log: Wednesday, Sept. 14, 2011 September 14, 2011
- Library site approved for courthouse September 14, 2011
- SEIU workers speak out against proposed cuts September 14, 2011
- Autumn bounty September 14, 2011
- FB school closed after reported Bassler sighting September 14, 2011
- Meet Susan Adams, Congressional Candidate September 14, 2011
- DNHS tennis team does well at event in Redding September 14, 2011