Press Releases From Around Humboldt County
Posts Tagged With: Humboldt County Sheriff
February 22nd, 2010 at 1:51 pm » Comments (0)Humboldt County Sheriff’s Detectives booked two men for murder over the weekend in connection with a case that was originally reported as a missing person. On February 15, 2009 ...more »
February 10th, 2010 at 11:43 am » Comments (0)The Campaign to Elect Mike Downey for Humboldt County Sheriff announced today a free meet and greet event. The event is scheduled for Saturday, February 13, 2010 from 5-8p.m. ...more »
February 4th, 2010 at 4:40 pm » Comments (0)Thursday, Feb. 4, 2010, Eureka, Calif. (HumboldtOnline.Com) -- Humboldt County Sheriff’s Deputies arrested a Eureka man early yesterday morning after finding him in possession more than six grams of methamphetamine, ...more »
January 21st, 2010 at 4:05 pm » Comments (0)EUREKA, Calif. (PRESS RELEASE) -- The Campaign to Elect Mike Downey for Humboldt County Sheriff announced today a campaign kick-off mixer. The event is scheduled for Friday, January 29, ...more »
January 4th, 2010 at 12:42 pm » Comments (0)Humboldt County Sheriff's Department - Press Release McKinleyville High School went into lockdown briefly this morning after the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a man brandishing a handgun ...more »
- King Fire affects hydroelectric facilities, recreation areas October 8, 2014The King Fire has damaged a number of power generation systems connected to Sierra reservoirs, but utility officials still don't know how bad it is. Treasured public recreation areas at Stumpy Meadows Reservoir and the Rubicon River canyon also may have been affected. Cal Fire strike crews battle the King fire in El Dorado County near Fresh Pond on Wedn
- Suspect arraigned in King fire; at least four houses burn October 8, 2014As fire officials began to confirm the first loss of homes and structures Friday in the King fire, the man accused of setting the massive blaze appeared in court for the first time and entered a not-guilty plea. Wayne Allen Huntsman, the suspect in the arson that set off the King fire, is arraigned in El Dorado Superior Court in Placerville on Friday alongsi
- Man accused of arson in King fire has criminal history October 8, 2014Weary firefighters and relieved El Dorado County residents expressed elation Thursday at word that an arson suspect had been arrested and charged with starting the massive King fire, which has charred roughly 76,000 acres of forest in El Dorado and Placer counties since Saturday and threatens 12,000 homes. The setting sun appears orange Thursday through the
- Firefighters dig in for the long haul against El Dorados King fire October 8, 2014A ravenous wildfire in El Dorado County devoured swaths of forested terrain for a fifth day Wednesday, leaving nearly 2,200 residents displaced as fire crews battled to protect homes, lives and a major thoroughfare. Cal Fire strike crews battle the King fire in El Dorado County near Fresh Pond on Wednesday, Sept. 17, 2014. A Cal Fire crew battles the King fi
- King Fire has now claimed more than 27,900 acres of timberland October 8, 2014We are faced with a large and dangerous fire and the fire has grown significantly, said Laurence Crabtree, a U.S. Forest Service supervisor for the Eldorado National Forest. Cal Fire strike crews battle the King fire in El Dorado County near Fresh Pond on Wednesday, September 17, 2014. People in a Pollock Pines gas station parking lot watch as a large smok
- Favorable weather aids containment of King fire as smoke cancels Ironman Lake Tahoe October 8, 2014Firefighters battling the massive King fire showed signs of progress Sunday night, while smoke forced the cancellation of a popular Lake Tahoe sporting event and worsened air quality over a large swath of foothills. One of several homes that burned in the recent King fire near Icehouse in El Dorado County on Friday, September 19, 2014. A U.S. Forest Service
- Burglar armed with club confronted in Butte County fire station October 2, 2014The Butte County Sheriff’s Office is investigating an early-morning burglary of a fire station in the community of Palermo.
- Wilderness travel discouraged; King fire concern closes McKinney Rubicon Trail September 18, 2014Because of the uncertain path of the King fire, the U.S. Forest Service’s Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit has closed the McKinney Rubicon Trail and is advising against travel into the Desolation and Granite Chief wildernesses.
- Swansboro residents told to evacuate as King fire spreads September 17, 2014Late Tuesday, the California Highway Patrol reported the closure of Highway 50 in both directions between Sly Park Road and Riverton due to the fire, and the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office has issued mandatory evacuations for neighborhoods in the eastern portion of Pollock Pines. Firefighters hose down hot spots of the King Fire near Pollack Pines, Calif.
- Man released after questioning in fatal July bank robbery in Stockton September 17, 2014A man sought by police in connection with a fatal July bank robbery in Stockton met with investigators Tuesday and was then released. A security guard sits in front of the Bank of the West branch on Thornton Rd. in Stockton that was robbed Wednesday by three men who took three hostages. Two suspects and a hostage were killed after a shootout with police.
- King Fire affects hydroelectric facilities, recreation areas October 8, 2014
- Rams fans, Ferguson protesters fight; 2 arrested October 20, 2014ST. LOUIS, Mo. — Police say two women have been arrested after dozens of Rams fans and Ferguson protesters clashed outside the Edward Jones Dome. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that one protester tried to jab a Rams fan with a pole bearing an upside down American flag on Sunday ...
- Students clean up after mayhem near pumpkin fest October 20, 2014CONCORD, N.H. — Keene State College students quickly cleaned up from a chaotic weekend on Sunday after violent parties near the city's annual pumpkin festival led to destruction, dozens of arrests and multiple injuries. The parties around the school coincided with the Keene Pumpkin Festival, at which the community tries ...
- Ebola protocols flawed, left U.S. nurses vulnerable: health official October 20, 2014An Obama administration health official said Sunday that U.S. protocols on Ebola failed because they originally were intended for African field hospitals, while the White House came under another round of attacks for its refusal to restrict travel from nations suffering epidemic outbreaks. Dr. Anthony Fauci, head of the National ...
- Younger veterans bypass VFW, American Legion for service, fitness groups October 20, 2014Kate Hoit served eight years in the Army Reserves, including a tour in Iraq, but when she tried to join her local Veterans of Foreign Wars chapter, someone asked whether she needed an application for military spouses instead. Now, Ms. Hoit said, she will never join the VFW or the ...
- Illegal immigrant child service contractors governed by strict rules October 20, 2014Want to bid for a contract to care for the illegal immigrant children coming across the border? Make sure your staff members get Hepatitis vaccines and regular TB tests and can speak foreign languages — probably Spanish but maybe Mandarin, suggesting a surprising number of the children are coming from ...
- Martin O'Malley faces steep climb to 2016 presidential bid October 20, 2014Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley has steadily climbed the political ladder over the past 15 years, but the next rung presents a seemingly insurmountable challenge as he likely positions himself as a liberal alternative to Hillary Rodham Clinton in the Democratic presidential primary. The former two-term Baltimore mayor hasn't officially declared ...
- Pennsylvania lawmaker who fired on mugger has admirers, critics October 19, 2014The Pennsylvania state representative who fended off a mugging by pulling out his own gun is drawing mixed reactions, with some people praising him as a folk hero and others demanding to know why he didn't dial 9-1-1 instead. Rep. Marty Flynn, a Democrat from Lackawanna County, is being called ...
- Republicans say Ebola czar should have been real doctor, not spin doctor October 19, 2014Republicans vented their frustration Sunday with the White House's newly appointed Ebola czar, accusing President Obama of naming a spin doctor instead of a real doctor. Rep. Marsha Blackburn, Tennessee Republican, said that Ron Klain, who was named Friday as White House Ebola response coordinator, has extensive experience in the ...
- ARMSTRONG WILLIAMS: Introducing Barack "W." Obama October 19, 2014This must be a difficult time for liberals, Democrats and all other flavors of Obama followers. Their hero, their icon, the man of their dreams — whose destiny it was to fulfill their dreams — has transmogrified into, dare I say it: Barack "W." Obama. Yes, Mr. Obama, in his ...
- Health worker on cruise tests negative for Ebola October 19, 2014A lab worker who handled samples from the first Ebola patient diagnosed in the U.S. tested negative for the disease Sunday, after self-quarantining for seven days on a cruise ship, according to NBCNews.com. The Carnival Cruise Line ship carrying the health worker, identified as a woman, never showed any ...
- Remains may be those of missing University of Virginia student: Police October 19, 2014CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) — Authorities investigating the disappearance of a University of Virginia student are searching a rural area where human remains were discovered. Investigators also interviewed residents in the area Sunday, and forensic teams combed the sides of a road for several miles past the site. It was not immediately ...
- New military medical team to help with Ebola in U.S. October 19, 2014WASHINGTON (AP) — Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel has ordered the military to prepare and train a 30-member medical support team that could provide short-term help to civilian health professionals if there are more Ebola cases in the United States. His spokesman, Rear Adm. John Kirby, says the team drawn from ...
- Rams fans, Ferguson protesters fight; 2 arrested October 20, 2014
- Timeline of Cotton v. Eureka PD and Humboldt Co. September 14, 2011
- Supervisors Weigh In On Humboldt County Redistricting September 14, 2011
- Moratorium on medical pot dispensaries to be discussed September 14, 2011
- Police and fire log: Wednesday, Sept. 14, 2011 September 14, 2011
- Library site approved for courthouse September 14, 2011
- SEIU workers speak out against proposed cuts September 14, 2011
- Autumn bounty September 14, 2011
- FB school closed after reported Bassler sighting September 14, 2011
- Meet Susan Adams, Congressional Candidate September 14, 2011
- DNHS tennis team does well at event in Redding September 14, 2011