Press Releases From Around Humboldt County
Posts Tagged With: Humboldt County Sheriff
February 22nd, 2010 at 1:51 pm » Comments (0)Humboldt County Sheriff’s Detectives booked two men for murder over the weekend in connection with a case that was originally reported as a missing person. On February 15, 2009 ...more »
February 10th, 2010 at 11:43 am » Comments (0)The Campaign to Elect Mike Downey for Humboldt County Sheriff announced today a free meet and greet event. The event is scheduled for Saturday, February 13, 2010 from 5-8p.m. ...more »
February 4th, 2010 at 4:40 pm » Comments (0)Thursday, Feb. 4, 2010, Eureka, Calif. (HumboldtOnline.Com) -- Humboldt County Sheriff’s Deputies arrested a Eureka man early yesterday morning after finding him in possession more than six grams of methamphetamine, ...more »
January 21st, 2010 at 4:05 pm » Comments (0)EUREKA, Calif. (PRESS RELEASE) -- The Campaign to Elect Mike Downey for Humboldt County Sheriff announced today a campaign kick-off mixer. The event is scheduled for Friday, January 29, ...more »
January 4th, 2010 at 12:42 pm » Comments (0)Humboldt County Sheriff's Department - Press Release McKinleyville High School went into lockdown briefly this morning after the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a man brandishing a handgun ...more »
- King Fire affects hydroelectric facilities, recreation areas October 8, 2014The King Fire has damaged a number of power generation systems connected to Sierra reservoirs, but utility officials still don't know how bad it is. Treasured public recreation areas at Stumpy Meadows Reservoir and the Rubicon River canyon also may have been affected. Cal Fire strike crews battle the King fire in El Dorado County near Fresh Pond on Wedn
- Suspect arraigned in King fire; at least four houses burn October 8, 2014As fire officials began to confirm the first loss of homes and structures Friday in the King fire, the man accused of setting the massive blaze appeared in court for the first time and entered a not-guilty plea. Wayne Allen Huntsman, the suspect in the arson that set off the King fire, is arraigned in El Dorado Superior Court in Placerville on Friday alongsi
- Man accused of arson in King fire has criminal history October 8, 2014Weary firefighters and relieved El Dorado County residents expressed elation Thursday at word that an arson suspect had been arrested and charged with starting the massive King fire, which has charred roughly 76,000 acres of forest in El Dorado and Placer counties since Saturday and threatens 12,000 homes. The setting sun appears orange Thursday through the
- Firefighters dig in for the long haul against El Dorados King fire October 8, 2014A ravenous wildfire in El Dorado County devoured swaths of forested terrain for a fifth day Wednesday, leaving nearly 2,200 residents displaced as fire crews battled to protect homes, lives and a major thoroughfare. Cal Fire strike crews battle the King fire in El Dorado County near Fresh Pond on Wednesday, Sept. 17, 2014. A Cal Fire crew battles the King fi
- King Fire has now claimed more than 27,900 acres of timberland October 8, 2014We are faced with a large and dangerous fire and the fire has grown significantly, said Laurence Crabtree, a U.S. Forest Service supervisor for the Eldorado National Forest. Cal Fire strike crews battle the King fire in El Dorado County near Fresh Pond on Wednesday, September 17, 2014. People in a Pollock Pines gas station parking lot watch as a large smok
- Favorable weather aids containment of King fire as smoke cancels Ironman Lake Tahoe October 8, 2014Firefighters battling the massive King fire showed signs of progress Sunday night, while smoke forced the cancellation of a popular Lake Tahoe sporting event and worsened air quality over a large swath of foothills. One of several homes that burned in the recent King fire near Icehouse in El Dorado County on Friday, September 19, 2014. A U.S. Forest Service
- Burglar armed with club confronted in Butte County fire station October 2, 2014The Butte County Sheriff’s Office is investigating an early-morning burglary of a fire station in the community of Palermo.
- Wilderness travel discouraged; King fire concern closes McKinney Rubicon Trail September 18, 2014Because of the uncertain path of the King fire, the U.S. Forest Service’s Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit has closed the McKinney Rubicon Trail and is advising against travel into the Desolation and Granite Chief wildernesses.
- Swansboro residents told to evacuate as King fire spreads September 17, 2014Late Tuesday, the California Highway Patrol reported the closure of Highway 50 in both directions between Sly Park Road and Riverton due to the fire, and the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office has issued mandatory evacuations for neighborhoods in the eastern portion of Pollock Pines. Firefighters hose down hot spots of the King Fire near Pollack Pines, Calif.
- Man released after questioning in fatal July bank robbery in Stockton September 17, 2014A man sought by police in connection with a fatal July bank robbery in Stockton met with investigators Tuesday and was then released. A security guard sits in front of the Bank of the West branch on Thornton Rd. in Stockton that was robbed Wednesday by three men who took three hostages. Two suspects and a hostage were killed after a shootout with police.
- King Fire affects hydroelectric facilities, recreation areas October 8, 2014
- Mexican judge orders immediate release of jailed U.S. Marine Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi November 1, 2014SAN DIEGO — A Mexican judge has ordered the immediate release of a jailed U.S. Marine veteran who spent eight months behind bars for crossing the border with loaded guns. Family spokesman Jonathan Franks told The Associated Press on Friday that the judge decided to release retired Marine Sgt. Andrew ...
- Ex-band FAMU member convicted in hazing death October 31, 2014ORLANDO, Fla. — A former Florida A&M band member accused of being the ringleader of a brutal hazing ritual known as "Crossing Bus C" that killed a drum major was convicted Friday of manslaughter and felony hazing. Prosecutors said Dante Martin, 27, was known as "the president of Bus C" ...
- Military personnel livid over graphic sexual-assault survey October 31, 2014A Defense Department survey on sexual assault has left many service members livid. Every two years the Pentagon asks hundreds of thousands of its members to complete an anonymous survey on the issue, but this year it was much more graphic in nature in an attempt to obtain accurate results. ...
- Sharyl Attkisson releases video of computer hack during Benghazi research October 31, 2014Former CBS News correspondent Sharyl Attkisson released video Friday of her Benghazi files being systematically deleted from her computer in 2012, alleging that government agencies were responsible for the crime. Politico released cellphone video that Ms. Attkisson took in the moments after she lost control of the machine. ...
- Group sees funny business in judge selection for gay marriage cases October 31, 2014A traditional-values group says that an independent statistical review suggests there has been "panel-packing" on the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals to assign more liberal judges to court battles over gay marriage. On Oct. 13, the Coalition for the Protection of Marriage presented what it called "strong, solid evidence of something ...
- Commercial spaceship suffers catastrophic failure, at least 1 dead October 31, 2014A Virgin Galactic rocket plane known as SpaceShipTwo crashed in the Cantill area of the California Mojave desert during a test flight Friday morning, leaving one pilot dead and another injured, the California Highway Patrol reported. The pilots have not yet been identified, but Virgin reported that its WhiteKnightTwo carrier ...
- Virgin Galactic says space tourism rocket lost October 31, 2014MOJAVE, Calif. — A witness says Virgin Galactic's SpaceShipTwo exploded during a test flight over California's Mojave Desert. Photographer Ken Brown says the space tourism craft was released from the plane that carries it to high altitude, ignited its rocket motor and then exploded. Brown says there is wreckage ...
- Kaci Hickox wins in Ebola case: Judge rejects Maine's bid to quarantine nurse October 31, 2014FORT KENT, Maine — A Maine judge gave nurse Kaci Hickox the OK to go wherever she pleases, handing state officials a defeat Friday in their bid to restrict her movements as a precaution against Ebola. In a case that has come to define the clash between personal freedom and ...
- Maine asks court to limit movements of nurse Kaci Hickox October 31, 2014Maine health officials are asking a court to restrict the movements of a nurse who worked with Ebola patients in West Africa, increasing the pressure in the high-profile case that's testing the balance between the public health response to the disease and personal freedoms. The petition, filed Thursday, asks that ...
- Oregon woman's assisted-suicide decision sparks debate over 'death with dignity' October 31, 2014Brittany Maynard is dying on Saturday — maybe. The 29-year-old woman, who is battling terminal brain cancer, declared her intent earlier this month to take advantage of Oregon’s Death with Dignity law and swallow pills that allow her to die in her sleep, rather than let her body be ravaged ...
- Eric Frein, trooper ambush suspect, in court after long manhunt October 31, 2014MILFORD, Pa. — Onlookers shouted "Are you sorry?" and "Why did you do it?" as state troopers led a suspect in a fatal police barracks ambush from his first court appearance following a seven-week manhunt. Pike County District Attorney Raymond Tonkin says Eric Frein's capture and preliminary arraignment Friday brought ...
- Ben Affleck, Hollywood A-listers dig deep for Democrats October 31, 2014Polls may paint Democrats as on-the-out with voters this November, but Hollywood stars aren't tossing in the towel yet, and are instead digging deep in their pockets for some last-minute campaign cash to help with sluggish races. Sen. Al Franken is benefitting big from the 11th hour money drives, netting ...
- Mexican judge orders immediate release of jailed U.S. Marine Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi November 1, 2014
- Timeline of Cotton v. Eureka PD and Humboldt Co. September 14, 2011
- Supervisors Weigh In On Humboldt County Redistricting September 14, 2011
- Moratorium on medical pot dispensaries to be discussed September 14, 2011
- Police and fire log: Wednesday, Sept. 14, 2011 September 14, 2011
- Library site approved for courthouse September 14, 2011
- SEIU workers speak out against proposed cuts September 14, 2011
- Autumn bounty September 14, 2011
- FB school closed after reported Bassler sighting September 14, 2011
- Meet Susan Adams, Congressional Candidate September 14, 2011
- DNHS tennis team does well at event in Redding September 14, 2011