Press Releases From Around Humboldt County
Posts Tagged With: Humboldt County Sheriff
February 22nd, 2010 at 1:51 pm » Comments (0)Humboldt County Sheriff’s Detectives booked two men for murder over the weekend in connection with a case that was originally reported as a missing person. On February 15, 2009 ...more »
February 10th, 2010 at 11:43 am » Comments (0)The Campaign to Elect Mike Downey for Humboldt County Sheriff announced today a free meet and greet event. The event is scheduled for Saturday, February 13, 2010 from 5-8p.m. ...more »
February 4th, 2010 at 4:40 pm » Comments (0)Thursday, Feb. 4, 2010, Eureka, Calif. (HumboldtOnline.Com) -- Humboldt County Sheriff’s Deputies arrested a Eureka man early yesterday morning after finding him in possession more than six grams of methamphetamine, ...more »
January 21st, 2010 at 4:05 pm » Comments (0)EUREKA, Calif. (PRESS RELEASE) -- The Campaign to Elect Mike Downey for Humboldt County Sheriff announced today a campaign kick-off mixer. The event is scheduled for Friday, January 29, ...more »
January 4th, 2010 at 12:42 pm » Comments (0)Humboldt County Sheriff's Department - Press Release McKinleyville High School went into lockdown briefly this morning after the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a man brandishing a handgun ...more »
- King Fire affects hydroelectric facilities, recreation areas October 8, 2014The King Fire has damaged a number of power generation systems connected to Sierra reservoirs, but utility officials still don't know how bad it is. Treasured public recreation areas at Stumpy Meadows Reservoir and the Rubicon River canyon also may have been affected. Cal Fire strike crews battle the King fire in El Dorado County […]
- Suspect arraigned in King fire; at least four houses burn October 8, 2014As fire officials began to confirm the first loss of homes and structures Friday in the King fire, the man accused of setting the massive blaze appeared in court for the first time and entered a not-guilty plea. Wayne Allen Huntsman, the suspect in the arson that set off the King fire, is arraigned in […]
- Man accused of arson in King fire has criminal history October 8, 2014Weary firefighters and relieved El Dorado County residents expressed elation Thursday at word that an arson suspect had been arrested and charged with starting the massive King fire, which has charred roughly 76,000 acres of forest in El Dorado and Placer counties since Saturday and threatens 12,000 homes. The setting sun appears orange Thursday through […]
- Firefighters dig in for the long haul against El Dorados King fire October 8, 2014A ravenous wildfire in El Dorado County devoured swaths of forested terrain for a fifth day Wednesday, leaving nearly 2,200 residents displaced as fire crews battled to protect homes, lives and a major thoroughfare. Cal Fire strike crews battle the King fire in El Dorado County near Fresh Pond on Wednesday, Sept. 17, 2014. A […]
- King Fire has now claimed more than 27,900 acres of timberland October 8, 2014We are faced with a large and dangerous fire and the fire has grown significantly, said Laurence Crabtree, a U.S. Forest Service supervisor for the Eldorado National Forest. Cal Fire strike crews battle the King fire in El Dorado County near Fresh Pond on Wednesday, September 17, 2014. People in a Pollock Pines gas station […]
- Favorable weather aids containment of King fire as smoke cancels Ironman Lake Tahoe October 8, 2014Firefighters battling the massive King fire showed signs of progress Sunday night, while smoke forced the cancellation of a popular Lake Tahoe sporting event and worsened air quality over a large swath of foothills. One of several homes that burned in the recent King fire near Icehouse in El Dorado County on Friday, September 19, […]
- Burglar armed with club confronted in Butte County fire station October 2, 2014The Butte County Sheriff’s Office is investigating an early-morning burglary of a fire station in the community of Palermo.
- Wilderness travel discouraged; King fire concern closes McKinney Rubicon Trail September 18, 2014Because of the uncertain path of the King fire, the U.S. Forest Service’s Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit has closed the McKinney Rubicon Trail and is advising against travel into the Desolation and Granite Chief wildernesses.
- Swansboro residents told to evacuate as King fire spreads September 17, 2014Late Tuesday, the California Highway Patrol reported the closure of Highway 50 in both directions between Sly Park Road and Riverton due to the fire, and the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office has issued mandatory evacuations for neighborhoods in the eastern portion of Pollock Pines. Firefighters hose down hot spots of the King Fire near […]
- Man released after questioning in fatal July bank robbery in Stockton September 17, 2014A man sought by police in connection with a fatal July bank robbery in Stockton met with investigators Tuesday and was then released. A security guard sits in front of the Bank of the West branch on Thornton Rd. in Stockton that was robbed Wednesday by three men who took three hostages. Two suspects and […]
- King Fire affects hydroelectric facilities, recreation areas October 8, 2014
- Lewiston delays construction of new aircraft rescue station April 18, 2015LEWISTON, Idaho (AP) - Lewiston airport and fire department officials say they're delaying the construction of a new aircraft rescue and firefighting station until 2017. The Lewiston Tribune reports (http://bit.ly/1DwHDGs ) the decision to delay was made to allow more time to find the best site for the station. The ...
- Joshua D. Phillips, 82nd Airborne Division paratrooper, killed during training exercise April 18, 2015A 19-year-old paratrooper was killed Thursday during a training exercise at Fort Polk, Louisiana, Fort Bragg officials announced Saturday. Pvt. Joshua D. Phillips, from Las Vegas, Nevada, was a combat engineer with Alpha Company, 37th Engineer Battalion, and 2nd Brigade Combat team 82nd Airborne Division. Officials said the incident, which ...
- Jeb Bush's allies spreading opposition research on Marco Rubio: 'Sparks are going to fly' April 18, 2015NASHUA, N.H. — Ties between Florida Sen. Marco Rubio and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, political allies for more than a decade, are fraying as the Republican presidential campaign picks up. In public, mentor Bush and protege Rubio have avoided criticizing each other since Rubio announced his candidacy. But Bush ...
- Jeanne Shaheen, N.H. senator: It's time to replace Andrew Jackson's face with a woman on $20 bill April 18, 2015New Hampshire Democratic Sen. Jeanne Shaheen is pushing legislation that could lead to the replacement of former president Andrew Jackson's face on the $20 bill with a woman. The Women on the Twenty Act would set up a committee of citizens tasked with recommending a choice to the treasury secretary, ...
- Texas set to approve open carry of handguns: 'We are seeing historic progress' April 18, 2015Texans could soon be allowed to openly carry handguns, a change gun-rights activists have been seeking for years. On Friday the Texas House of Representatives voted 96-35 to allow Texans with concealed-handgun licenses to openly carry their guns in public in holsters, The Wall Street Journal reported Friday. A similar ...
- Judge rules against Houston pastors' challenge to transgender 'bathroom bill' April 18, 2015A pastor-led coalition fell short in its bid to overturn a Houston transgender-rights ordinance after a judge ruled Friday that the group had failed to submit enough signatures to place a repeal measure on the ballot. Harris County District Court Judge Robert Schaffer said the coalition had turned in 16,684 ...
- Parents of boy killed in Boston Marathon bombing want death penalty 'off the table' for Tsarnaev April 17, 2015The parents of a young boy killed during the Boston Marathon bombing are asking the Department of Justice to take the death penalty "off the table" for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev in exchange for him spending the rest of his life in prison. Bill Richards and Denise Richards said in an open ...
- Bud Walker, Fairfax police officer, resigns following child porn charges April 17, 2015A Fairfax County police officer, who worked as both the spokesman of the agency and a school resource officer, has resigned following his arrest on child pornography charges. William "Bud" Walker was arrested and charged with two counts of possession of child pornography on Wednesday and released on bond Friday ...
- Calif. says measles outbreak linked to Disneyland is officially over April 17, 2015California officials said Friday the measles outbreak that disease investigators traced to Disneyland is officially over. The outbreak began in December, sickening 147 people in seven states — 131 in California — and kick-started a national debate over childhood vaccination. Officials said no new cases had been reported for the ...
- Babysitter realizes he's watching kidnapped child after seeing Amber Alert April 17, 2015A Washington state couple was shocked to learn upon reading an Amber Alert on Wednesday that the 2-year-old boy they were babysitting had been kidnapped. "It's probably the craziest thing I've ever heard," John Truong, of Renton, told a local ABC affiliate, soon after police took custody of ...
- Ohio high school's hijab event sparks outrage April 17, 2015A student-led event an Ohio high school in which students would wear hijabs for a day has been cancelled after news of the event outraged parents. Mason High School Principal Mindy McCarty-Stewart apologized and announced the April 23 "Covered Girl Challenge" would no longer take place, The Cincinnati Enquirer
- Clouds delaying some flights into Philadelphia by 41 minutes April 17, 2015PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Low clouds and foggy conditions are delaying some flights into Philadelphia International Airport. The Federal Aviation Administration says inbound flights that haven't taken off yet Friday are being held up by an average of 41 minutes. Inbound flights already in the air are seeing delays of no ...
- Lewiston delays construction of new aircraft rescue station April 18, 2015
- Timeline of Cotton v. Eureka PD and Humboldt Co. September 14, 2011
- Supervisors Weigh In On Humboldt County Redistricting September 14, 2011
- Moratorium on medical pot dispensaries to be discussed September 14, 2011
- Police and fire log: Wednesday, Sept. 14, 2011 September 14, 2011
- Library site approved for courthouse September 14, 2011
- SEIU workers speak out against proposed cuts September 14, 2011
- Autumn bounty September 14, 2011
- FB school closed after reported Bassler sighting September 14, 2011
- Meet Susan Adams, Congressional Candidate September 14, 2011
- DNHS tennis team does well at event in Redding September 14, 2011