Press Releases From Around Humboldt County
Posts Tagged With: Humboldt County Sheriff
February 22nd, 2010 at 1:51 pm » Comments (0)Humboldt County Sheriff’s Detectives booked two men for murder over the weekend in connection with a case that was originally reported as a missing person. On February 15, 2009 ...more »
February 10th, 2010 at 11:43 am » Comments (0)The Campaign to Elect Mike Downey for Humboldt County Sheriff announced today a free meet and greet event. The event is scheduled for Saturday, February 13, 2010 from 5-8p.m. ...more »
February 4th, 2010 at 4:40 pm » Comments (0)Thursday, Feb. 4, 2010, Eureka, Calif. (HumboldtOnline.Com) -- Humboldt County Sheriff’s Deputies arrested a Eureka man early yesterday morning after finding him in possession more than six grams of methamphetamine, ...more »
January 21st, 2010 at 4:05 pm » Comments (0)EUREKA, Calif. (PRESS RELEASE) -- The Campaign to Elect Mike Downey for Humboldt County Sheriff announced today a campaign kick-off mixer. The event is scheduled for Friday, January 29, ...more »
January 4th, 2010 at 12:42 pm » Comments (0)Humboldt County Sheriff's Department - Press Release McKinleyville High School went into lockdown briefly this morning after the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a man brandishing a handgun ...more »
- Coastal Flood Advisory issued December 22 at 8:06AM PST until December 22 at 1:00PM PST by NWS...COASTAL FLOOD ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM PST THIS AFTERNOON... * COASTAL FLOODING...HIGH ASTRONOMICAL TIDES WILL CAUSE MINOR FLOODING IN LOW LYING AREAS ALONG THE REDWOOD COAST. THE WATER LEVEL IS EXPECTED TO PEAK AROUND 9 FEET AT THE NORTH SPIT TIDE GAUGE.
- Coastal Flood Advisory issued December 22 at 8:06AM PST until December 22 at 1:00PM PST by NWS
- King Fire affects hydroelectric facilities, recreation areas October 8, 2014The King Fire has damaged a number of power generation systems connected to Sierra reservoirs, but utility officials still don't know how bad it is. Treasured public recreation areas at Stumpy Meadows Reservoir and the Rubicon River canyon also may have been affected. Cal Fire strike crews battle the King fire in El Dorado County near Fresh Pond on Wedn
- Suspect arraigned in King fire; at least four houses burn October 8, 2014As fire officials began to confirm the first loss of homes and structures Friday in the King fire, the man accused of setting the massive blaze appeared in court for the first time and entered a not-guilty plea. Wayne Allen Huntsman, the suspect in the arson that set off the King fire, is arraigned in El Dorado Superior Court in Placerville on Friday alongsi
- Man accused of arson in King fire has criminal history October 8, 2014Weary firefighters and relieved El Dorado County residents expressed elation Thursday at word that an arson suspect had been arrested and charged with starting the massive King fire, which has charred roughly 76,000 acres of forest in El Dorado and Placer counties since Saturday and threatens 12,000 homes. The setting sun appears orange Thursday through the
- Firefighters dig in for the long haul against El Dorados King fire October 8, 2014A ravenous wildfire in El Dorado County devoured swaths of forested terrain for a fifth day Wednesday, leaving nearly 2,200 residents displaced as fire crews battled to protect homes, lives and a major thoroughfare. Cal Fire strike crews battle the King fire in El Dorado County near Fresh Pond on Wednesday, Sept. 17, 2014. A Cal Fire crew battles the King fi
- King Fire has now claimed more than 27,900 acres of timberland October 8, 2014We are faced with a large and dangerous fire and the fire has grown significantly, said Laurence Crabtree, a U.S. Forest Service supervisor for the Eldorado National Forest. Cal Fire strike crews battle the King fire in El Dorado County near Fresh Pond on Wednesday, September 17, 2014. People in a Pollock Pines gas station parking lot watch as a large smok
- Favorable weather aids containment of King fire as smoke cancels Ironman Lake Tahoe October 8, 2014Firefighters battling the massive King fire showed signs of progress Sunday night, while smoke forced the cancellation of a popular Lake Tahoe sporting event and worsened air quality over a large swath of foothills. One of several homes that burned in the recent King fire near Icehouse in El Dorado County on Friday, September 19, 2014. A U.S. Forest Service
- Burglar armed with club confronted in Butte County fire station October 2, 2014The Butte County Sheriff’s Office is investigating an early-morning burglary of a fire station in the community of Palermo.
- Wilderness travel discouraged; King fire concern closes McKinney Rubicon Trail September 18, 2014Because of the uncertain path of the King fire, the U.S. Forest Service’s Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit has closed the McKinney Rubicon Trail and is advising against travel into the Desolation and Granite Chief wildernesses.
- Swansboro residents told to evacuate as King fire spreads September 17, 2014Late Tuesday, the California Highway Patrol reported the closure of Highway 50 in both directions between Sly Park Road and Riverton due to the fire, and the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office has issued mandatory evacuations for neighborhoods in the eastern portion of Pollock Pines. Firefighters hose down hot spots of the King Fire near Pollack Pines, Calif.
- Man released after questioning in fatal July bank robbery in Stockton September 17, 2014A man sought by police in connection with a fatal July bank robbery in Stockton met with investigators Tuesday and was then released. A security guard sits in front of the Bank of the West branch on Thornton Rd. in Stockton that was robbed Wednesday by three men who took three hostages. Two suspects and a hostage were killed after a shootout with police.
- King Fire affects hydroelectric facilities, recreation areas October 8, 2014
- Ex-officer not charged in fatal Milwaukee shooting December 22, 2014MILWAUKEE — A white Milwaukee police officer who was fired after he fatally shot a mentally ill black man in April won't face criminal charges, the county's top prosecutor said Monday. Milwaukee County District Attorney John Chisholm said Christopher Manney won't be charged because he shot Dontre Hamilton in self-defense. ...
- Police on high alert, told avoid arrests 'unless absolutely necessary' December 22, 2014Police around the nation have gone on high alert, told by higher-ups and union representatives to wear bulletproof vests, keep off social media and make arrests only in cases most pressing and crucial to the safety of the public at large. The warnings come on the heels of the daylight ...
- NAACP absolves protesters, says guns to blame for cop killings December 22, 2014The NAACP Legal Defense Fund issued a statement Saturday insisting that lax gun control laws, not the ongoing police brutality protests, led to the execution-style killings of two New York City officers. "These two killings ... like so many other unfortunate incidences of gun violence, provide a stark example of ...
- David Boies, Sony lawyer, affirms 'The Interview' will play December 22, 2014"The Interview," the film that Sony pulled from screening over controversy generated from a scene that depicted the assassination of North Korea's Kim Jong-un, will be distributed for viewing after all, the production company's top lawyer, David Boies, said in an interview on "Meet the Press" on NBC. ...
- Yankee Silver Shield Foundation to pay education for murdered police officer's kids December 22, 2014A foundation founded by George Steinbrenner of New York Yankees' fame will reportedly pay for the education expenses for the sons of one of the police officers who was murdered in a daylight ambush over the weekend. The Yankee Silver Shield Foundation has announced the outreach for Officer Rafael Ramos' ...
- James Woods blasts Al Sharpton on Twitter as 'disgusting pig' for police deaths December 22, 2014Hollywood star James Woods took to Twitter to unleash a scathing condemnation of the Rev. Al Sharpton — as well as New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio and President Obama — for the shooting deaths of two police officers over the weekend. And his assessment? Beneath a photograph of ...
- Billboard of gun-toting Santa draws controversy December 22, 2014CHICO, Calif. — A billboard showing Santa Claus carrying an automatic rifle is drawing controversy in a Northern California town. The billboard put up on the outskirts of Chico comes with the slogan "We build AR's for Santa," and advertises for a gun range that assembles such weapons for sale. ...
- Rolling Stone University of Virginia rape story sparked unpunished rampage December 22, 2014In the wee morning hours after Rolling Stone's now-retracted gang rape story roiled the University of Virginia campus, a masked group of five women and three men unleashed their fury on the Phi Kappa Psi fraternity house at the center of the controversy. Bottles and bricks were tossed through nearly ...
- Obama oversees steep drop in deportations of illegal immigrants December 22, 2014Homeland Security Department officials say the changing face of illegal immigration and the reluctance of "sanctuary cities" to help enforce immigration laws have led to the stunning drop in deportations over the past few years. Statistics released late Friday showed that U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement deported about 315,000 immigrants ..
- Bowe Bergdahl court-martial would require an honorable discharge December 22, 2014The Army would have to give Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl an honorable discharge because he is past his active duty commitment, unless it proceeded with a court martial, a legal expert says. The question comes down to Army regulations that dictate how service members are discharged. Those still serving their enlistment ...
- Alan Dershowitz sees political double standard in vandal attack on U.Va. fraternity house December 21, 2014Alan Dershowitz, one of the nation's premier defense lawyers and a Harvard law professor, believes universities display a double standard in excusing violence from the political left, and failing to punish activities like a fraternity house attack can have dangerous consequences. "Look at people like [Bill] Ayers and [Bernardine] Dohrn ...
- ARMSTRONG WILLIAMS: A gun should never be a cop’s first, second or third option December 21, 2014There is not much left that can be said about the Michael Brown case in Ferguson. Minds have been made up and battle lines drawn. But this case — and several others — points out a disturbing trend in American policing: the militarization and shoot-first mentality of too many departments ...
- Ex-officer not charged in fatal Milwaukee shooting December 22, 2014
- Timeline of Cotton v. Eureka PD and Humboldt Co. September 14, 2011
- Supervisors Weigh In On Humboldt County Redistricting September 14, 2011
- Moratorium on medical pot dispensaries to be discussed September 14, 2011
- Police and fire log: Wednesday, Sept. 14, 2011 September 14, 2011
- Library site approved for courthouse September 14, 2011
- SEIU workers speak out against proposed cuts September 14, 2011
- Autumn bounty September 14, 2011
- FB school closed after reported Bassler sighting September 14, 2011
- Meet Susan Adams, Congressional Candidate September 14, 2011
- DNHS tennis team does well at event in Redding September 14, 2011